There is still time to sign up for our Literature Camp on August 2nd through 4th! We have some updates to share that we hope will whet your appetites for a good weekend of literature and art.
As mentioned before, we are holding the seminar at the River Ridge Mansion in Franklin, PA. The mansion, usually called “The Castle,” was built by an oil baron in the early 1900s and is surrounded by beautiful wooded grounds. Indoors, there will be good food, occasional harpsichord music, and espresso by Kyle Stoltzfus.
The weekend will include talks by a number of speakers who have spent a lot of time discussing and studying questions related to the arts. There will be opportunities to fellowship with other attendees, and also time that can be spent away from people, in enjoyment of the house and grounds.
Here are a few of the topics that will be covered this year:
- Why I Am a Poet by Kyle Lehman of Paltinis, Romania
- Rebels, Loyalists, and Assorted Others: A Survey of Some Mennonite/s Writing by Jeff Gundy of Bluffton University
- Who Is the Prophet Talking About? A Look at the Figurative Reading of Scripture by Kyle Stoltzfus
- Humor in Literature: More than a Laughing Matter by Lori Eby
- Embodied Worship: Forming Kingdom Desires Through Poetry and Song by Esther Swartzentruber
- Our Sunday morning message will be presented by Steve Byler.
On Saturday evening, we will have an evening of poetry and art, which the general public is welcome to attend. It will be from 7:00-9:00 in the evening, and the address is 870 River Ridge Rd, Franklin, PA. The evening will likely include readings of poems and stories, as well as some music.
Costs for the entire weekend, including lodging and food, are likely to amount to just over $100 per adult. You can sign up by filling out the registration form and sending it to us. Further information about the camp can be found here.
Literature Camp 2019 Registration Form
Contact info for the Literature Camp:
Grace Weaver | Registrar
11608 Greencastle Pike
Hagerstown, MD 21740
We hope you’ll join us there!
—The Curator Team