The Curator is a platform for sharing the literary work of contemporary Anabaptist writers. We publish artists from any tradition, but the values we hope to share are informed by our own experience in the particular cultural and faith traditions from which our artwork arises.
In recent years, there has been a rekindling of interest, within various Anabaptist communities, in reading and creating art. As writers and artists who value this contemporary renaissance, we wish to provide a medium for it. We believe that art thrives best within community, as various individuals receive the blessing of learning from the joy and insight of others.
Language and art are divine gifts, speaking out of the past and continually made new in every lived experience. We learn through and are inspired by the praises of psalms, the lamentations of prophets, and the ordinary experiences of particular lives.
The editorial team at the Curator is made up of authors and readers who attempt to find and showcase the best unpublished poetry with the values we share. By our work, we hope to encourage a culture that recognizes quality and strives to create things of value. Besides poetry, we are interested in other genres as well, especially short fiction, visual art, and literary criticism. If you write, we would love to see your work!
We are completely staffed by volunteers who spend many hours working on the Curator because of our love for Anabaptism and for literature. Please consider supporting us on Patreon or making a donation.
- Our weekly poetry emails are intended to encourage the reading and writing of poetry. We hope to publish new writers and to spread an awareness of the value of poetry. You can subscribe to the emails here. Our postcards are an outgrowth of this.
- Our monthly poetry readings are a space to gather to read and discuss literature.
- Our annual print magazine, the Leaf, brings together some of the best of poetry and art created by Anabaptists today. You can purchase it here.
- Our annual literature camp is a place to build connections between writers and readers of literature, to encourage writers who often don’t get enough encouragement in their communities, and to provide all of us with an opportunity to hone our craft and understanding of literature.
- Our blog facilitates a dialogue on the meaning and value of literature, especially as it can bring us a knowledge of God.
- You can subscribe to the emails here.
Join us in spreading the Heavenly Kingdom in the arts!