Submissions guidelinesWe accept poetry, stories, visual art, and essays. These are printed in the Curator weekly poems, the Curator blog, and the Leaf Magazine. Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject “Weekly Poem Submission,” “Essay Submission,” or “Leaf Submission” as applies. Attach a profile picture and include a one-sentence description of yourself. For Leaf submissions, include your mailing address. If you wish, you may also include a short paragraph giving some background for the inspiration of your creative piece. Leaf submissions are accepted year-round, but our soft deadline for the 2020 Leaf is May 1st, 2020. If you wish to send a physical copy of a submission, send it to the following address. Include your email address or phone number and your mailing address. If you want your submission back in case we don’t publish it, include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. The Curator: Leaf Magazine 11608 Greencastle Pike Hagerstown, MD 21740
- All work should be previously unpublished, unless it has appeared only on a personal website. If it has, please let us know.
- Poetry—will be published on the Curator or in the Leaf. If we do not accept a poem for the Leaf, we will put it under consideration for the Curator’s weekly poems, unless the author requests otherwise. We tend to print more longer works in the Leaf than on the Curator.
- Stories—We are looking both for fiction and for creative nonfiction. Stories should be shorter than 8,000 words, though we may make exceptions in exceptional cases.
- Visual art—We print in color. Drawings, photography, and other art forms are welcome.
- We accept multiple and simultaneous submissions. We require first rights for publishing work on our website or magazine, as well as the right to publish in other types of media should we decide to do so. We choose photos and art to go with the creative and expository work that we publish, but if the writer has a picture that goes with the work, we will consider it.